your spanish shop
Supporting appealmobile on his world travels

Sunday 29 January 2012

you Wonder Sometimes if you Make a difference

Well I can assure you you do
2 Years ago I did a ride to highlight the needs of Dylan who was total blind.
Just darkness
He needed brain stem donation for any hope of visual stimulation.
I noticed Ronnie on Facebook. Ronnie is Dylans great grandmother and asked for an up date.
I hope she doesn't mind me posting this, but this is our conversation.

Hi Ronnie how are you?
Ronnie Manifold
hello you, i was looking for you on rawk
Harry Trow
haven't been on there for a while
Ronnie Manifold
Oh right, I dont go on very often but I thought I would wish our good friends a happy new year and give them an update on Dylan.
Harry Trow
FB is slow for some reasom you have been typing for 5 minutes
Ronnie Manifold
Yes he is doing great, He is at school now, he has come on so well he is in a normal school but has his own attendant. He is above average intelligence and has impressed the education committee so much they have said they will supply his every need
what are you up to now???
Harry Trow
ah thats great news - and has
sorry was distracted and can't remeber what I was saying before hitting the send buttton.
Still riding bikes around Europe and still working charities
Ronnie Manifold
Did you know we sent him back to china a second time
Harry Trow
yeayh I remember that -what was the outcome
Ronnie Manifold
L O L I didnt think you would be sitting on your butt, what is the latest cause. His light perception seems to have strengthened He now pushes me out of the way if I stand between him and a window.
Harry Trow
Thats brilliant and so good Ronnie
Thats the least you hoped for
Ronnie Manifold
I know, its a big thing for us, I was devastated when he was in total darkness with no hope of anything in this country.
Harry Trow
Oh well I'm so relieved that there is some improvement. Are there any further treatments for improvement?
Ronnie Manifold
not sure but the Canadian girl had 6 lots of treatment, she is 18years old now and passed her driving test over a year ago. Dylans last lot of cells are still working so we will have to wait and see, He says he can see some colours but when he gets it wrong we dont know if he is guessing.
Harry Trow
22:49
love to pop in and see you both. perhaps the Spurs game
well thats hopefull no

No comments: